Our client is one of Southeast Asia’s largest grain processors, with a daily milling capacity of over 7,000 tons.
- Set and achieve the department’s goals and objectives.
- Lead, train, supervise and evaluate staff.
- Prepare and implement the necessary Standard-Operating Procedures (SOP) for the Logistics Department. Maintains and updated Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Training Manuals.
- Ensure meeting material (Truck planning, Bulk planning, Weekly Sales Schedule are all in order. Preparation of truck delivered report, bulk delivered report, daily tolerance report, tanker loading time report & tanker breakdown report preparation and ensuring it is emailed to all relevant parties
- Manages the process of Distribution Requirement Planning by defining planning processes to meet different requirements; for example Make to Stock, Make to Order, Replenishment modes for Domestic and Inter-Market Supply. Anticipates constraints or gaps in the future.
- Ensure maximum efficiency and productivity within for the inventories & logistics department
- Manages Planning Capacity in the local production and identifies constraints in the future, Manages processes between weekly production planning and daily scheduling for continuous monitoring and improvement.
- Formulates and implements Best Practices in Planning Processes and systems with an emphasis on weekly planning.
- Responsible for all incoming and outgoing shipping and receiving.
- Optimizing the use of equipment and human resource to achieve the highest possible productivity.
- Ensuring on-going, consistent customer satisfaction by providing on-time delivery and follow up.
- Compile, prepare, analyse and submit an overall department report to the management as and when necessary.
- Ensure all operations are performed safely and always promote safety awareness.
- Liaise with the regulatory body or agency regarding logistic and shipping issue.
- Possess at least Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Possess 6-8 years of experience in Warehouse/Logistic management
- Fluent in written and spoken (English, Malay and Mandarin)
- Good time management and interpersonal communication skills
- Able to work in a team
- Eagerness to adopt and transfer knowledge
- A strong leader, capable of motivating others
- Comfortable working in Operations environment and with a tight deadline
This position is open to Malaysian applicants only. Due to the volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- Location: Port Klang, Selangor
- Seniority: Mid-Senior level
- Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, Food Production
- Employment Type: Full-time
- Job Functions: Engineering, Production, Manufacturing
- Salary: RM 7,000 – RM 9,000 per month