A leading manufacturer that specialized in advanced coating solution providing industry driven product and technical services.
The R&D Manager is responsible for the whole Research and Development department including Process and Product development, Working Environment and People Management within the R&D Department.
- Being the collector of requests of both new products- and improvements in existing products from the Sales department, Product Management Team or other Departments.
- Together with Group Director for Product Management Team decide what new development Projects to run.
- Together with own R&D team perform project planning (Scope, objective, resource and time management) to meet the request from internal and external customers.
- Take responsibility for information to internal and external Customers about Project time plan and expected delivery.
- Take responsibility for all projects within own department and make sure projects have dedicated resources, follows a budget plan and is delivered on time to internal or external customers.
- Together with own R&D teamwork with the development of new products including validation of new raw materials and new properties, coordinating the search for alternative raw materials and co-operation with Purchase department.
- Together with the Purchasing department and Environmental Coordinator work with phasing in and out raw material on the prohibited or restricted list.
- Initiate Customer modifications & adjustment of current products and technical support to salesmen including joint customer visits and line trials with sales.
- Participate in Global R&D meetings
- Responsible for the whole teams reporting of projects, ensuring standard reporting model, with valid facts and validations
- Responsible for creating and maintaining department documentation and process descriptions
- Supporting QC-laboratory in creating standardized quality control methods and guidelines
- Supporting the Sales department with needed Technical specifications and documentation; Product data sheets, participating in the production of brochures and leaflets
- Coordinating the maintenance and purchases of laboratory equipment.
- Perform Monthly reporting to MD and R&D Global Management.
- University level degree in chemistry
- Good knowledge of English language both oral and written
- Over 3 years within painting business. At least 5 years within a leadership position
- Leadership competencies, team working capability, formulation of (PC) recipes/ formulating paints, competent user of ERP system and MS Office – tools, Project Management
This position is open to Malaysian applicants only. Due to the volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- Location: Johor Bahru, Johor
- Seniority: Mid-Senior level
- Industry: Chemical & Research
- Employment Type: Full-time
- Job Functions: Research, Quality Assurance, Production
- Salary: RM 10,000 – RM 15,000 per month