An expert in geotechnical and environmental solutions that specialized in slope protection, hydraulic and coastal protection, road embankments and pavements, rockfall and debris flow protection, landfill and water containment structures and also landscaping for architectural purposes.
The Preferred Applicant Should:
- Possess a growth mindset with a pleasant personality and has technical competence
- Able to work with a team, as well as be able to work independently to meet deadlines and targets.
- Be highly self-motivated, resourceful and initiative to work independently and as a team in a pressured environment.
- The successful candidate will lead a team of technical engineers reporting directly to the General Manager/Director.
- He/She will be guiding the technical team for department’s objectives. This would include courtesy visits, site visits, preparation of technical /design proposals, follow up on designs and projects with close coordination with the sales team.
- Travelling and participation in trade shows, exhibitions and seminars shall be expected to carry the role of lead or support.
- Minimum Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Msc, Master of Science (Geotechnical Engineering) is an added advantage.
Language & Communications
- Sound communication skills in both written and spoken, with experience in organizing and conducting presentations, seminars and speak with confidence to potential clients and principals.
- Experience and adept in preparing technical proposals on behalf of department/company after interpreting data/information from Soil Investigation or Borehole Reports received from clients/site.
Software & Code of Practice Knowledge
- Sound understanding of the standard code of practices in soil/geotechnical parameters (local soil strength properties) and commercial software such as:
- AUTO CAD or Drafting (Intermediate or Advanced level)
- Geo Studio – Slope W (Reinforcements with geosynthetics)
- RESSA – Designs for retaining walls (Intermediate or Advanced level)
- RocScience – RocFall
- BS 8006 – Code of Practice for Strengthen/Reinforced Soils & other fills
- AASHTO – (Green Book) Guideline for multiple aspects of transportation from construction, design to maintenance and management.
- Have a minimum 8 years’ experience in civil/geotechnical design and/or construction otherwise 5 years’ experience in similar managerial role/head of department with a minimum of 2 staff directly reporting to him/her.
- Capable and responsible to guide, organise, lead, coach, motivate, monitor and coordinate the work of individual technical staff to work independently and as a team to meet the management’s goals and objective.
- Responsible for the recruitment of technical staff to fill vacant positions and for future expansions, also evaluating, appraising and motivating the performance of existing staff.
- Travelling to a site is required on the request of our clients or project needs to assist in educating them in installation, troubleshooting or solving site problems as a result of product/design.
- Frequent travels to existing client base within Malaysia to Federal/Local authorities, consultant and contractors.
- Source, compile, maintain and analyse from the marketplace on technical information of competitors and the company’s products/solutions. Additionally, sharing and training the staff on the above differences and its strengths and weaknesses.
- Plan, coordinate and implement the overall function of the technical department with the sales and marketing team to achieve the company’s objective.
- Frequent liaison with principals on products, solutions and technical information
This position is open to Malaysian applicants only. Due to the volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- Location: Selangor
- Seniority: Mid-Senior level
- Industry: Geotechnical Engineering
- Employment Type: Full-time
- Job Functions: Engineering
- Salary: RM 8,000 – RM 10,000 per month