- Wins and leads projects across the Buildings and associated markets within Malaysia and the surrounding region
- Develop and maintain good relationships with industry networks, clients, architects, government agencies, sub-consultants and construction contractors relevant to the MEP Team’s activities.
- Develop the capability of the MEP team to effectively service the target markets in Malaysia as set out by the Group business plan.
- Supervise/ prepare proposals/ submissions and negotiate contracts within the MEP Team’s framework for such activity.
- Minimise the firm’s risk exposure via the application of appropriate contract formation, project management and OH&S procedures.
- Ensure consistent completion of the Mechanical Services projects across the Team within quality, budget and programme expectations.
- Develop and administer project monitoring and control mechanisms within the MEP Team.
- Facilitate and coordinate design activities, processes and other technical standards within the MEP Team (including the review and monitoring of technical standards in the Team to ensure that design techniques, reference material and software tools are up-to-date and are correctly applied).
- Undertake technical reviews of MEP projects (and MEP Team input provided to other projects) at appropriate stages to ensure that the project approach and deliverables:
- are commensurate with quality objectives
- satisfy the client’s brief and expectations
- maximise features that will reduce construction cost and/or provide other significant benefits to the client
- minimise delivery costs
- maximise ongoing opportunities for the company
- Work collaboratively with Team leaders in the Australasia Division in the effective pursuit, conduct and resourcing of projects
- Participate in broader Office, Group, Division and/or Global activities as assigned or appropriate.
- Support and actively implement the vision and strategy statement, as measured through the key areas identified in the Australasia Division’s Balanced Scorecard.
- Relevant tertiary qualification within MEP (Mechanical) engineering
- Commitment to continuous professional development, both for own development as well as that of team members
- Considerable design experience
- Knowledge consulting experience and successful project management experience in the MEP sector
- Ideally, a well-developed network of client contacts (or the development of this within this position)
- Demonstrated success in Buildings project consultancy
- Substantial experience, and strong team leadership skills in:
- facilitating, and actively providing opportunities for, the growth and development of less experienced staff
- implementing effective performance management strategies
- building diverse and complementary skills within the team to maximise business opportunities
- Active participation within the global MEP skills networks
- Good working knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations, codes of practice, and guidelines – and related procedures, including for OH&S.
This position is open to Malaysian applicants only. Due to the volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Seniority: Associate level
- Industry: Architecture & Planning, Civil Engineering, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- Employment Type: Full-time
- Job Functions: Consulting, Engineering, Design
- Salary: RM 12,000 – RM 14,000 per month