A world leader in the construction tool business that having their business presence in more 120 countries and employed close to 30,000 employees, with one of the largest SAP ERP single instance implementation in the world and with their advanced Mobile Apps Competence Center that catering the productivity and product-specific apps for our sales force and customers.
The position requires strong business and financial acumen with a practical focus, exceptional stakeholder management skills, excellent communication skills, a passion for business improvement, getting things done, and a proven ability to lead a team, develop and coach people. These skills will ensure the GL Manager can deliver the required results and build a strong relationship with all stakeholders.
The role is accountable for ensuring compliance with the group month-end, year-end reporting timetable, accurate financial and management reporting, compliance with all tax and statutory obligations, leading and supporting process and business improvement initiatives and business partnering to support the operations of the entities the organisation serve.
Leading a team, the role will require a passionate leader with the proven ability to focus on team coaching and development to drive high performance, process improvements and outstanding results.
Month-end/Year-end reporting obligations
- Oversee the team’s operations to ensure the Month-end/ Year-end closings processed timely and accurately.
- Monitor closely the performance KPIs for the team and provide coaching/ training whenever needed to improve the KPIs.
Tax and statutory compliance
- Oversee the ream’s tax and statutory tasks and ensure they are completed timely with high standards.
- Assist our external/internal auditors during the year-end process to review and lodge reported results and associated accounting treatment.
- Prepare relevant tax (Corporate Income tax, VAT etc.) returns and assist external tax advisors to review and lodge.
- Maintain strong working relations with all key stakeholders.
- Ensure all tasks related to fixed assets are completed by the team.
- Ensure correct Accounting for Fixed Assets with reference to the Company Finance Manual.
- Provide guidance to internal customers on the group Fixed Asset policy.
- Assist with the tools implementations for fixed assets when required.
- Perform Intercompany billings as required.
- Perform Intercompany billing reconciliation in the Group Reporting tool (BOIC) as per Group reporting requirements and resolve all reconciliation differences before the due date.
- Perform the operational tasks per the control requirements under the ICS framework.
- Follow up and escalate issues with the responsible parties within each entity for the resolution of issues.
- Support and resolve any GL related audit topics.
Process efficiency and improvements
- Participate in the regular global SLM meetings actively.
- Review processes regularly to identify improvement opportunities.
- Implement improvement together with RPE Team/ Global Process Owner.
- Ensure back-up arrangements and process documentation are available for each position in the team.
- Help embed LEAN mindset and practices in the team.
Team leadership and development
- Ensure effective, regular and timely two-way communication with the team.
- Build a mutual sense of integrity, trust and cooperation among the team. Provide regular coaching and guidance to ensure continued high performance.
- Effectively manage team conflict and concerns Proactive management of the team member’s development and appraisal processes.
- Liaise with all key stakeholders as required
- Meet commitments made to other Departments and Team members in an efficient and timely manner
- Changes to responsibilities as determined by Line Manager
- Ad hoc regional and global projects
- Define, execute and lead system testing, where appropriate
This position is open to Malaysian applicants only. Due to the volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- Location: Selangor
- Seniority: Mid-Senior level
- Industry: Information Technology & Services, Accounting, Banking
- Employment Type: Full-time
- Job Functions: Accounting/Auditing, Finance, Management
- Salary: Maximum RM 18,000 per month