A lighting designer, manufacturer and consultancy.
The Safety Officer will be the champion in liaising with government authorities, namely NIOSH, DOE, Bomba, DOSH/JKKP (Jab Kesihatan & Keselamatan Pekerjaan), KKM (Kementerian Kesihatan Malaysia), and community on SHE matters.
- Leading development and implementation of compliance, SHE management systems, risk reduction, recycling, waste minimization, energy and materials conservation, emergency response, process safety, contractor safety, industrial hygiene, radiation protection, waste management, illness and injury record-keeping, incident investigation and other SHE program
- Performing off-site SHE audit and loss prevention audit
- Providing oversight on compliance with the SHE policy, regularly reporting on SHE performance and management system status to management, and recommending corrective actions as appropriate
- Understanding the site operations and apply SHE requirements and evaluation, before implementation, the impact of any proposed changes in equipment, layouts, procedures or materials
- Evaluating SHE risks and recommending ways to minimize them
- Reviewing CAPEX with consideration of SHE impacts
- Assisting in the integration of SHE and sustainable development principles into site operations, activities and products
- Liaising with government authorities, namely NIOSH, DOE, Bomba, DOSH/JKKP (Jab Kesihatan & Keselamatan Pekerjaan), KKM (Kementerian Kesihatan Malaysia), and community on SHE matters
- Liaising with potential customers/client/investors on SHE requirements
- Developing and implementing training programs to support employees and on-site vendors
- Ensure that the Green Procurement Program that assures environmental product requirements are met, maintained and reviewed effectively
- To contribute towards the achievement of quality objectives by complying to the quality operating system and participating in continuous improvement activities (defect prevention, reduction of variation or prevention of waste)
- Performing any other tasks as and when required
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum Diploma/Degree/Management/Safety & Health or equivalent.
- MUST have Green Card Certified by DOSH.
- At least 1 to 2 years, with Green Card (DOSH Certified) requirement
- Preference is given to a minimum of two years’ experience as a Safety Officer.
- NIOSH certification and registration with DOSH is a MUST.
- Must be able to in a factory plant environment; must be physically capable of performing job-related tasks and job duties.
- Equipped with sufficient technical skill and knowledge in line with responsibilities
- Lots of dedication and enthusiasm in SHE for manufacturing plant
- Self-starter, self-motivated and proactive
- Good sense of leadership
- Strong administration skills – planning/organizing/, coordination & documentation
- Good communication skills – fluent in English & BM, written and spoken
- Customer service skills – serve internal customers
- Teamwork and collaboration skills
Technical/ Functional Competencies
- Skilled in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Facilitation and presentation skills (for safety & awareness briefing and safety performance/feedback to related government authorities)
- Understanding the design and development of training preferred to SHE at the workplace (office & factory).
- ISO9001, ISO14001 & OHSAS18001 knowledge is an added advantage
Due to the volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- Location: Penang, Perai
- Industry: Lighting Manufacturer
- Employment Type: Full-time
- Seniority: Executive Level
- Job Function: Health, Safety and Environment
+6012 399 1678