- The Regional Sales Manager leads the sales team in a major multi-state geographic region developing and implementing a sales strategy for the region that yields a sustainable competitive advantage that translates into continued growth and profitability that is consistent with the division’s strategic sales plan.
- Has a thorough understanding of our company’s products, services and capabilities and is able to coordinate the efforts of the region’s sales team to effectively serve our customers.
- Provides strategic leadership in implementing the region’s overall sales strategy, policies and procedures.
- Assist in the hiring and training and directs, motivates, evaluates and rewards the region’s sales team to meet the Division’s sales objectives.
Job Knowledge and Experience
Preferred: Proven work experiences a Regional Sales Manager, Area Manager or similar senior sales role in FMCG or any related field.
- Has a strong customer orientation and is able to effectively communicate, build relationships, present ideas, and lead people to meet customer needs and achieve sales objectives.
- Has excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Able to understand and utilize financial statements as a management tool.
- Has developed and implemented an effective sales strategy
- Has demonstrated success in developing new target accounts.
- Has demonstrated success in meeting or exceeding established sales objectives
- Has excellent computer skills and is proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Has strong analytical, problem-solving, and project management skills
- Effective time management skills in prioritizing and addressing multiple and at times conflicting demands
- Knowledge of SAP will be an added advantage.
- The following is an outline of the basic duties and responsibilities of the above-titled position. It describes the duties and responsibilities in the broad scope and is not intended to be all-inclusive. Individual(s) in this position may, from time-to-time, be assigned other duties as appropriate.
- Has a thorough understanding of our company’s products and services and capabilities to serve our customers.
- Provides strategic leadership in developing and implementing a sales strategy for the region that is consistent with the division’s overall sales strategy, policies, procedures and objectives.
- Provides leadership and serves as a resource to Regional Sales Managers in resolving sales issues.
- Supporting Regional Sales Manager with day-to-day branch operation.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with customers while gaining an understanding of their businesses, organization, and needs. Plays a lead role in developing and maintaining relationships with major customers.
- Develops effective relationships with the leadership within the organization to be able to provide effective service to our customers and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Leads the development of the strategic sales plan for the region that yields a sustainable competitive advantage that translates into continued growth and profitability consistent with the division’s strategic plan.
- Plays a lead role in developing new target accounts consistent with the overall sales strategy/goals.
- Leads the region’s sales team to meet or exceed established sales objectives
- Leads the effective implementation of new programs and products.
- Maintain an awareness of any sales or customer issues needing personal involvement to resolve as well as any changes in customer or industry trends.
- Maintains timely and accurate records and reports, as required.
- Adhere to company policies, procedures and in alignment with the business strategies and objective.
- Ensuring that all security, safety and health aspects including its rules and regulations are well enforced and adhered to at all time.
- To perform and discharge promptly and efficiently any other duties and responsibilities as and when assigned by immediate superior.
- Success in managing the performance of assigned staff in meeting or exceeding sales objectives in an effective, timely, and safe manner.
- Achievement of annual strategic and budget goals.
- Success in developing assigned staff and, if applicable, hiring and training new staff.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with customers.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with internal company resources.
- Success in developing and implementing an effective overall sales strategy, policies and procedures to set the future direction of the sales function.
- Success in developing new target accounts.
- Timeliness and effectiveness in responding to sales and customer issues.
- The accuracy of record keeping and reports.
This position is open to Malaysian applicants only. Due to the volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- Location: Selangor
- Seniority: Mid-Senior Level
- Industry: Food Production, Trading, Import & Export
- Employment Type: Full-time
- Job Functions: Marketing, Sales, Business Development
- Salary: RM 7,000 – RM 9,000 per month