Our client is a French multinational company which supplies industrial gases and services.
The mission is to support the safe business operation through promoting Road Safety mentality and behaviour amongst the drivers. This role also supervises the in-house drivers and external transport carriers to ensure the deliveries activities are carried out in line with the company safety & quality objectives as well as adhering to our procedures, rules & regulations.
- Ensures the Driver recruitment (HR) process is followed through during recruitment
- Prepares drivers duty roster, including managing any changes related to annual leave, medical leave, etc
- Acts as the interface with drivers:
- counsel/coach drivers on disciplinary, safety violations, etc
- interview drivers on accidents, safety or supply incidents, etc
- Highlight/Discuss with Manager (and HR) on drivers disciplinary issues.
- Support in accident or supply incident investigation
- Compute Drivers commission payment monthly
External Transporter Management
- Oversees 3rd party transporters operations in terms of compliance to contractual terms, adherence to company road safety, technical and other requirements
- Collaborate with Fleet Maintenance and HSE team to conduct audits on the transporter for compliance to company ‘s road safety, technical and other requirements
- Act as an intermediary between Scheduling team and transporter to resolve operational matters such as incomplete/late delivery document submission, late arrival, etc
Local Road Transport Regulation Compliance
- Follow up to ensure the validity of the fleet permits, insurance, road tax, VEP, etc as required by the local road transport regulation
- Work closely with the Scheduling team to plan/schedule fleet for periodic statutory inspection
Evaluate and develop training plans for drivers
- Review and identify training requirements for (Bulk) drivers
- Organizes training sessions including refresher training for drivers to ensure that they are competent in carrying out their tasks safely and in
- accordance with the procedures
- Collaborate with the Driver Trainer to review training scope and prepare training material for driver training to meet competency objectives
Road Safety Process Owner
- Regularly update road safety self-assessments, and define action plans to gradually reach excellence level
- Incorporate/align SeaPac cluster Road Safety targets and annual action plans in the country Road Safety annual plan
- Responsible for the definition, leadership, communication, reporting and timely execution/implementation of the Road Safety annual plan.
- Monitors Road Safety KPI and implement road safety actions to deliver the expected safety output of continuously reducing frequency and
- the severity of road accidents
- Mentors and coach the drivers and logistics team to create and maintain a high safety mentality and standards
- Collaborate with HSE team on Product Vehicle Accident root cause analysis, corrective action and preventive action implementation.
- As a trained (internal) user on the Road Safety monitoring system (Seeing Machine, GPS) in:
- troubleshoot (minor) maintenance issues
- retrieve data for further analysis, reporting and follow up actions
- Ensure compliance with GT requirements in the area of Road Safety
- Lead in Road Safety awareness roadshow and campaign
- To conduct a route assessment to identify low safety risk and economical route to be used for deliveries to specific area/regions
Customer’s Accessibility Review
- Conduct customer’s site accessibility review (as required)
- Working closely with the Sales & CES team to recommend options or solutions to eliminate safety risks at Customer’s site
- Define the technical standards in fleet management, monitoring the purchasing and delivery status, ensure the fleet meet company operation standard.
- Asset preparation commissioning
- (Supervise to) ensure work activities follow/meet company safety regulations/requirements
- Develop an annual and monthly preventive maintenance plan
- Monitor servicing/maintenance schedules and coordinate with Scheduling for vehicle unavailability, with the aim to reduce the maintenance time cycle
- Liaison with vendors for servicing arrangements, including repairs and parts requirements, cost & downtime estimates, etc
- Audit and evaluate the performance of the maintenance activities and with proper documentation.
- Experience in drivers and contractor management
- Good interpersonal, communication and supervisory skills
- Team player
- Able to work under pressure
- Knowledge in local transport regulations, statutory requirements
- Experience in vehicle maintenance
This position is open to Malaysian applicants only. Due to the volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- Location: Tanjung Kling, Malacca
- Seniority: Mid-Senior Level
- Industry: Chemicals, Oil & Energy
- Employment Type: Full-time
- Job Functions: Supply Chain, Distribution
- Salary: RM 5,000 – RM 6,000 per month