Combed 150 candidates to find the right Product Manager
The Client whom is a global leader in power and automation technologies, with its Low Voltage Products & Systems that is well known for its reliability, high quality products and world class support.
A very stringent requirement was set by The Client’s management to search for the right candidate to fill up a long overdue position, the “Product Manager” under the Low Voltage Control Products division. This position plays an important role to develop world-class product marketing management processes for continuous growth of the division.
VHR was being assigned EXCLUSIVELY for this important task to deliver the right candidate in fulfilling the mission.
For this particular position, VHR was required to strictly look for the candidate that ONLY comes along with experience in:
- Product Marketing for Low Voltage (LV) Control Product
- Electrical & Electronics Academic (E&E)qualification only
- Experience in team management
Challenges that VHR encountered:
- Limited qualified candidates’ pool as Candidates that work as Product Marketing Personnel for LV Control Product may not from E&E background
- Qualified candidates that mostly above the given remuneration budget
- Several rounds of interview with different candidates but did not turn into successful hiring due to the stringent selection process of the client.
Solutions / Discovery
Throughout the entire search process, VHR demonstrated a high commitment and perseverant attitude in closing the position for our client. Our in depth processes included
- Several channels (e.g. head-hunting, online-portals, referrals and etc) were being explored to find out any potential candidates
- More than 40 companies combed and 150 potential candidates were being approached.
Outcome / Impact
As the result of the continuous effort,eventually VHR managed to close the position with a candidate who met the stringent requirement and within the budget.